Last night I watched 2 hours of unadulterated Kathy Griffin-ness on Bravo. And it was awesome. Bravo showed Kathy Griffin, my life on the D list back to back with the Bravo A-List awards, hosted by the Red-head herself.
Kathy Griffin seems like one of the bravest people I know. She’s not afraid to say anything and she’s not affraid of looking silly.
Highlights from last night:
- Kathy decides to show a “quick change” to the entire audience. When she undresses she is wearing spanx and duct-tape to hold her boobs up.
- Kathy makes Tom Callicio of Top Chef do a quick-fire challenge. As they are done, she begins to bring the food over to the judges table and falls flat on her face. Then she proceeds to eat the food off the stage.
- Kathy very seriously introduces an “in memorium” segment of the show. The first slide is Ryan Secrest. She stops the show and says “oh I forgot to mention. These are not people who are actually dead, they are just dead to me.” The slideshow ends with none other than President Bush…basllsy.
- Kathy and her girlfriend Lance Bass come out, do a “rap” dance and Lance pulls Kathy’s top off. Kathy retaliates by pantsing Bass.
- Lastly, Kathy comes down the runway in Nick Verreos‘ beautiful gown, looking completely fabulous.
All in all I found the show completely stupid and terribly entertaining which I believe was Bravo’s intention. Kathy is a shameless genius and I love her.